You are registered with ADEM and you have found a job on your own, what will you need to do?
- In the case of a permanent contract (open-ended contract - CDI)
- CDI of more than or equal to 25 hours / week, your file is closed;
- Work less than 25 hours/week, contact your personal ADEM advisor.
- In the case of fixed-term contracts (CDD)
- CDD of more than or equal to 25 hours / week and more than 123 days, your file is closed;
- More than or equal to 25 hours / week and less than 123 days, consult your professional advisor;
- Work less than 25 hours / week, consult your professional advisor.
During your CDD, you are exempted from your obligations to present yourself regularly to ADEM.
After your CDD has finished, you have to present yourself to your professional counselor no later than 7 calendar days!
You want to start with a temporary-work agency?
Transmit a copy of the temporary employment contract immediately to your professional advisor.
During your interim work, you are exempted from your obligations to present yourself regularly to ADEM.
After the end of the contract, you have to report to your professional counsellor no later than 7 calendar days.
You are ill and cannot come to your appointment?
Please send a medical certificate immediately to your professional counsellor.
After the medical certificate has expired, you have a deadline of 7 calendar days to present yourself to your professional counsellor!
You are enrolled in an employment measure?
During the duration of the measure, you are exempt from your follow-up with your ADEM counsellor.
However, you must reply and react to any job proposition or invitation from ADEM. If you have any questions, contact your counsellor.
At the end of the measure, you have a deadline of 7 calendar days to present yourself to your professional counsellor.
You would like to take holidays?
You can be dispensed from appointments with ADEM for a maximum of 25 working days / year (= 5 weeks), any request for leave exceeding this maximum duration is rejected.
To apply for holidays:
- On the last working day before leaving, you must present yourself personally to your professional counsellor and submit the request for a leave (mentioning the exact date of return).
- On the first working day after your return, you must present yourself personally to your professional counsellor.
You would like to do an internship?
ADEM cannot offer you internships (paid or unpaid).
In case you have made your own arrangements for an internship, you must in any case respond to the invitations and assignments sent to you by ADEM.
What are valid excuses to justify an absence?
The only valid excuses to justify an absence from a meeting to which you have been invited by ADEM (i.e. meetings with your counsellor, including the establishment of a skills assessment, training and assignments by ADEM) are :
- medical certificate;
- job interview (with supporting documentation).
What are the consequences of an unjustified absence?
- For jobseekers receiving full unemployment benefit:
- Beneficiaries of the full unemployment benefit are required to report to ADEM on the days and times indicated. Unemployed persons who, without valid excuse, fail to comply with this requirement, lose the right to full unemployment benefit for seven calendar days in the event of a recurrence for thirty calendar days. Failure to present at three consecutive appointments will result in the definitive termination of the full unemployment benefit from the first day of no-show for the whole period still due.
- For non-compensated claimants:
- Unemployed jobseekers who, without a valid excuse, do not respond to invitations and assignments (including training and guidance actions) by ADEM will have their file suspended for a period of two months. In the event of a second offense, the duration of the suspension will be extended to 26 weeks.
What are the consequences of refusing an appropriate job or an active job-promotion measure proposed by ADEM's services?
- Jobseekers receiving unemployment benefit:
- The refusal by an unemployed person receiving unemployment benefit to start an appropriate job or to participate in an employment measure that has been proposed by ADEM will give rise to an adversarial debate with the personal ADEM counsellor before a withdrawal of the full unemployment benefit, as provided for in Article L. 527-1, paragraph (1).
- A jobseeker who is entitled to full unemployment benefit may not refuse, without cause, the establishment of a competence balance. In case of refusal, he will be excluded from receiving unemployment benefit.
- A young jobseeker who without reason refuses an employment support contract (CAE), which is offered by ADEM, is excluded from receiving unemployment benefit.
- A young jobseeker who without reason refuses an employment initiation contract (CIE), which is offered by ADEM, is excluded from receiving unemployment benefits.
- Jobseekers not receiving unemployment benefits:
- The refusal by non-compensated claimants of an appropriate job or an employment measure proposed by ADEM gives rise to an adversarial debate between the personal counsellor and the jobseeker before being suspended for a period of two months.