A training company, which has never trained apprentices before must first apply for a training authorization with the competent professional chamber.
In order to obtain the approval to train an apprentice, the company must fulfill the following conditions:
- Your company must be established in Luxembourg and be registered in a commercial, industrial, agricultural or craft sector;
- The company must have at least three years of professional experience in the related profession;
- The trade or occupation must figure in the Grand-ducal regulation for professions and trades within the framework of professional training.
The host company appoints a tutor, who is the person in charge of the practical training and the supervision of the apprentices in the company. The person responsible for the company providing the training can mentor an apprentice himself.
The natural person who wishes to teach the apprentice the competencies required in the trade must:
- be at least 21 years old;
- meet the conditions of professional integrity and professional qualifications prescribed by law;
- practice one of the trades or professions on the list of trades and professions in which apprenticeships may be organised.
If the host company is a legal person, it must satisfy the same conditions as those imposed on individuals, except for the age requirement.