An initial apprenticeship is aimed at young people who want to learn a profession.
An apprenticeship contract can prepare for various diplomas:
- the technician's diploma (diplôme de technicien - DT);
- the vocational aptitude diploma (diplôme d'aptitude professionnelle - DAP);
- the vocational capacity certificate (certificat de capacité professionnelle - CCP).
In order to apply for an apprenticeship you must:
- be at least 15 years of age;
- meet the minimum schooling requirements set by Grand-Ducal Regulation;
- prove to the company providing their training (host company) that they attend classes regularly;
- exercise the greatest discretion regarding the company's business affairs;
Guidelines / FAQ
What is an initial apprenticeship?
An initial apprenticeship is aimed at young people who want to learn a profession through an apprenticeship.
How to become an apprentice?
Before entering apprenticeship, it is important to inquire about the trades and professions that correspond best to you and which are defined by the Grand-ducal regulation determining professions and trades with regard to vocational training.