Any person with a disability who is able to carry out a professional activity but who, for reasons beyond their control, do not have access to a paid employment.
To benefit from a disabled employees allowance, you must:
- exhibit at least a 30 % reduction in capacity for work because of a physical, mental, sensory or psychological deficiency; and/or because of psychological difficulties aggravating your disability;
- be resident in Luxembourg and actually live here;
- be recognized as an employee with a disability;
- not have access to paid employment for reasons beyond your control;
- have an income lower than the severely disabled allowance.
1) After having obtained the status of disabled employee, please contact the Secretary of ADEM's Medical Commission (Commission médicale) to receive the corresponding form and information on procedures for applying for disabled allowance.
2) Send the completed form and supporting documents (see below) to ADEM's Medical Commission.
3) The National Solidarity Fund (Fonds national de solidarité - FNS) will assess whether the conditions relative to your age, residence, and income are compliant and will notify you by registered mail about its decision. and will take care of the implementation procedures.
4) If the application file is accepted, the disabled allowance will be paid from the date of transmission of your application file by ADEM to FNS.
- a decision of the Medical Commission attributing your status as a disabled employee;
- a decision of the Guidance and Occupational Reclassification Committee (Commission d’orientation et de reclassement professionnel) guiding you towards the ordinary labour market or a sheltered workshop;
- a certificate of residence dating from less than three months issued by your Luxembourg municipality;
- recent proof of income;
- a certificate issued by ADEM stating that you do not have access to paid employment for reasons beyond your control;
- documents attesting the status of a legal representative if you need to be represented.
The gross amount of the disabled allowance corresponds to the amount of the Social Inclusion Income (revenu d'inclusion sociale - REVIS).
You will receive the income for disabled employees, as long as you are still registered with ADEM and you did not find employment for reasons beyond your control.
You are required to declare immediately to the National Solidarity Fund (Fonds national de solidarité - FNS) any changes in your situation that may affect your entitlement to this benefit.
FNS regularly assess whether the conditions for granting the allowance continue to be met.