To register as a jobseeker, it is not necessary to visit one of the ADEM agencies in person.
There are two ways to register as a jobseeker:
1.Online registration (via MyGuichet.lu).
On the online platform MyGuichet.lu, jobseekers are guided step by step through the registration process. They have the option of uploading the required documents directly and providing information about themselves and the job they are seeking. Missing documents can be submitted online on the platform.
Once all the documents have been submitted, the registration with ADEM is complete and the jobseeker will receive a letter inviting them to an interview with their future ADEM counsellor. Along with the letter, they will also receive the Jobseeker's Guide and other useful information that will be helpful for the jobsearch.
- Authentication (e.g. LuxTrust) is required for the online registration via the MyGuichet.lu platform.
- If you have a problem related to the Luxtrust certificate or your connection to MyGuichet.lu, or if you have a question when carrying out your administrative steps, please contact the Guichet.lu helpdesk by phone (+352-247 82000) or use its online form.
- People who wish to register with ADEM in order to be eligible for the social inclusion income (REVIS) should not use the online registration procedure on MyGuichet.lu, but should attend the appointment communicated to them by the National Solidarity Fund (FNS).
2. Registration by phone
For the registration by phone it is necessary to make an appointment. To do this, please contact
- ADEM’s Contact Centre: tel. (+352) 247 88 888
- fill in the online form (available in 3 languages: FR, DE, EN).
You will then receive an appointment for registration by telephone. The documents required for the registration must be submitted by e-mail (or by post). Once all the documents and information have been submitted, the registration with ADEM is completed and you will be invited to an interview with your future ADEM counsellor, who will assist you in your job-search.
Good to know
- Please have your national social security number ("matricule") ready when you call the ADEM’s Contact Centre. Make sure that your official documents (identity card, passport, social security card, residence permit,...) are still valid.
- The sooner you register as a jobseeker, the sooner you can take advantage of ADEM's support services. For example, you can register as a jobseeker before your temporary employment contract or the notice period expire in order to gain valuable time in your job search.
- It is advantageous to submit as many documents as possible proving your professional training, further education or work experience.
- It is important that your CV is up to date (work experience, professional training, professional and language skills, ...). If you have any questions on how to write your CV, you can consult our guide "How to draft your Curriculum vitae (CV)". You should also consider which profession or occupation best suits your interests and level of education.
- After you have registered as a jobseeker with ADEM, you can submit your demand for unemployment benefit, provided that you meet the requirements.
I cannot keep my appointment with ADEM - what do I have to do?
If you have to cancel your appointment with ADEM at short notice for an important reason, please call ADEM’s Contact Centre immediately.
The telephone number is: (+352) 247 88 888
To communicate with ADEM, it is necessary that you speak at least one of the administrative languages of Luxembourg (Luxembourgish, French, German) or English. If this is not the case, someone who understands and speaks one of these languages should accompany the jobseeker.